WINE TASTING AND PELES CASTLE
Discover Romanian wine culture with more than 2.000 years of history.
Romania has one of the oldest wine-making traditions in the world, its viticulture dating back more than 6,000 years. Numerous local wine grape varieties have been obtained during medieval time by empirical selection, becoming representatives for Romanian wine regions.
We will visit Rhein Azuga Cellar, nestled in the majestic Bucegi mountains. The cellar is believed to be the oldest location in Romania where sparkling wine has continuously been made using the traditional method. During the inside tour of the cellar, we learn about the traditional art of producing sparkling wine and witness the 19th-century techniques. Of course, we can’t leave the place without tasting some wines!
Later on, we get to Sinaia town, where our first king built his summer residence – Peles Castle. We will do a tour of the palace, while we can admire the exterior gardens, the beautiful interiors with German handcrafted furniture or the impressive medieval weapons collection of king Carol I.
At the end, we will visit the Sinaia monastery, a Christian Orthodox church built in 1695 in byzantine architectural style.
What is included:
- Private tour by a local guide
- English speaking professional guide
- Private transportation with air-conditioned car/minibus
- Entrance fee to Peles Castle (Standard tour)
- Wine cellar visit fee and sparkling wine tasting
- Pick-up & drop off from your hotel in Bucharest
What is NOT included:
Food or drinks
Souvenirs or private expenses
Duration: 8 hours
- 1 person traveling alone: 155€/pers
- 2 person traveling together: 85€/pers
- 3–4 person traveling together: 75€/pers
- 5–6 person traveling together: 65€/pers